It’s safe to say that most of us have some sort of smartphone these days, and I don’t know about you, but most of my friend’s use iPhones. The problem is though; the camera fully sucks on it. It’s slow, and inaccurate, and the HDR isn’t much better. But it’s a camera I always have on me, so here’s some iPhone apps to help you make it much better.
Camera Awesome takes your photos to the next level by shooting faassst and taking sharper, better-exposed shots. You can shoot both photos and video with CameraAwesome but shooting stills is where it really comes into its own. There’s an image stabilization feature, a self-timer, multiple composition guides to choose from, and even a burst option. It makes you wonder why Apple didn’t include this as their standard camera.
Should you decide that you want to add effects to your photos, you can do so by buying filter packages in the in-app store.
My favourite feature is the ability to choose where you want to expose, and where you want to focus too.
Price: Free (My favourite price)
645 PRO has been designed, from the ground up, for professional and serious amateur photographers. So it works the way a camera works, not some piece of computer software.
Every setting is managed directly from the camera—no layers of menus to negotiate. You have instant access to everything that can be controlled, from focus/exposure and white balance locking to a 645 PRO-exclusive choice between spot and multi-zone metering. And you have all the information you need, all the time, including a real-time ISO and shutter-speed reading and even a live histogram!
There’s even different ‘backs’ for the camera, so you can choose different formats (6×6, 6×17, etc.) and different film backs too inspired by different film stocks, for that real feel.
All photographers know Photoshop, and with Photoshop Express, it’s easy to improve your photos. Choose from a variety of one-touch effects, or simply drag your finger across the screen to crop, rotate, or adjust color. Add artistic filters like Soft Focus or Sketch. And never fear, you can undo and redo changes until you get just the look you want—a copy of your original file is always saved.
Top editing features:
• Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
• Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast
• Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, and Sharpen
• Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, and Soft Black and White
• Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge, Halftone, Film Emulsion and 22 new borders and frames that can be purchased.
Create a stunning hybrid between photo and video. Animate small portions of your photo to create a magical image that’s part-photo and part-video. Apply vintage / cross processing filters, and share your masterful creation through their network, sort of like Instagram. You end up with some really cool looking .gif’s. Check the video below.
How it works:
1. film a short video clip 2-3s
2. Animate a small region
3. Apply awesome xpro, vintage filters
4. Share to Twitter/Tumblr and Facebook
Automatically create stunning full-resolution HDR images with just a single tap! Think of it as the iPhone HDR mode on steroids; it’s much more powerful.
Thanks to Pro HDR, you no longer have to choose between a blown-out sky or a hopelessly dark foreground. Bringing automatic high dynamic range photography to your iPhone for the first time ever, Pro HDR captures an image exposed for the highlights and another exposed for the shadows. It then aligns and merges the images, giving you a gorgeous HDR image up to 8 megapixels like nothing you’ve ever seen from such a tiny device.
Take all of those photos and other files you have stored on your phone and send them instantly to any friend, list of people, or email address with the official Kicksend app for iPhone.
* Send large batches of high-res, **original quality** photos & videos from your phone to any friend, instantly.
* Send files from other apps when you choose “Open in Kicksend”, finally enabling easy file sharing on the iPhone.
* Whatever you send will appear immediately on all of your friend’s desktops & phones.
* Receive files others send you in real-time right on your phone.
* View, send and comment privately on PDFs, docs, photos, videos, etc.
Kicksend (kicksend.com) is the easiest way to send & receive photos, videos, documents and other files with the people you know, on desktop, mobile, and web.
Check out the tutorial I made which is similar to how this app works. Only this app makes it easier.
Tiny Planet Photos turns your photos into a sphere so that it looks like a tiny planet. A magical effect that will impress your friends! You can also reverse the effect and create a tiny tube. The app creates stereographic projections, a technique that usually takes a long time to create manually. With the app you can accomplish this in a single tap. A fun app to add to your collection of photo apps.
Magic Shutter is a creation making camera in iPhone. It can easily let you use your iPhone to take long exposure and repeated exposure photos. And the photo can be taken at the same time as viewing. After shooting, you can immediately adjust the creations and through the Internet to share your creations with your family and friends.
What does Magic Shutter do?
1. Magic instant preview feature that allows you to master the best long exposure time.
2. Smart Exposure function can avoid over-exposure.
3. Flash synchronization can freeze shooting objects to produce mixed amazing results. (Caution: iPhone 4 have real flash and iPhone 3Gs still use simulate flash.)
4. Photo sharing feature allows you to share your ideas at any time.
5. Easily set the shutter speed to 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30, 60 seconds or B (unlimited).
6. Flexible shooting system having rich photo filters can be used in your artwork.
GroupShot solves a common problem found in group photos, namely one person who isn’t facing the camera or whose expression doesn’t fit the rest of the group. Usually people take several shots of group photos, with the hope that one will be perfect.
With GroupShot, users can pick and choose parts of each photo, then combine all the parts to create the perfect shot that looks exactly the same.
The usage is incredibly simple. All you need to do is to load your images, mark the parts you wish to replace, and choose the best option from the rest of the set.
Fuzel takes collage-making to a whole new level. Among its many features, there is one thing that Fuzel’s exceptionally good at – it lets you create unique collages that only you can make.
• 17 photo frames & captions.
• 18 filters.
• 27 base colors.
• Zoom & rotate photos.
• Apply filters to individual photos.
• Adjust collage & frame’s outlines separately.
• High-res export: maximum 2560px.
• Share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Camera+, Flickr, or email.
• Tag Facebook friends in your photos.